Are you planning to take NEET 2023? This article covers everything you need to know about the exam.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a highly competitive medical entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in various government and private medical colleges across India. NEET 2023 is expected to be held in May 2023, and aspirants are already gearing up for the exam. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to NEET 2023, covering all the important aspects that you need to know.
Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria and requirements before applying for NEET 2023.
1. Must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2023.
2. Age limit for NEET 2023 is 25 years, with a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC and PwD candidates.
3. The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as mandatory subjects.
4. The minimum aggregate score for general category candidates is 50%, while it is 40% for SC/ST/OBC and PwD candidates.
The NEET 2023 syllabus will cover topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology based on the NCERT curriculum for Classes 11 & 12. Here is a detailed breakup of the syllabus:
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Diversity in Living World,
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution,
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and Environment.